Thursday 20 December 2012

Late December

It's been such a busy month, a bit more typing is required.

As mentioned in my early December blog, a funny and spooky Roald Dahl playlet The Way Up To Heaven, goes out during Radio 4's Women's Hour on Christmas Day and again at 7:45 pm that evening. I co-star with the evergreen Lorelei King.

Also following on from early December, I have started to record the first 26 episodes of the rather fab animation series "Four And A Half Friends". I play the slightly portly but very endearing fourteen year old below on the left - and also his trusty dog. Of course. I played Gnasher for a number of years in the now-classic BBC children's series Dennis The Menace.

I paid another visit to Radio 4's Saturday Review where we panelists were none too kind to mega-success The Hobbit. I forgot to mention that Martin Freeman is always good, no matter what dodgy Dwarf-infested world he finds himself in.

And I played a cameo in an ambitious British Sci-fi Thriller this week. The title is Dreck but don't let that put you off. It should be terrific. For one thing, it stars my hunky but brainy pal Elliot Cowan, who became a new Dad during the filming. I play a sleazy television talk show host, interviewing a mysterious mega-billionaire (played by Battlestar Gallactica's James Callis). James, sometimes typecast as bad guys, is a pussycat in real life.

A screen shot from the film:


No comments:

Post a Comment