Monday 11 March 2013

March, 2013

I've been Saturday Reviewing, and Review Showing and contributing to The Curse Of The Confederacy of Dunces, a fascinating Radio 4 feature; I provided readings and an interview. As usual, I've been adding character voices to the world-conquering animation series Thomas and Friends. My most recent TV voice-over was this rather amusing advert for the USA/CANADA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAW7iWhjJbU 

But the thing that's been floating my boat in 2013 is Impro ("Improv" in the States, "Improvisation" for those who prefer the longform). It's taken over any free time I might once have had. I've been consumed with drop-ins and workshops and eventually hope to get back into gigging.

I've made contact with old Impro buddies from my Theatresports days in the late 80's and early 90's. Heady times: we ran a weekly late night slot at The Donmar Warehouse before it got itself poshed up. This week, I'm do a bit of playing around with these lovely people:

http://www.shootfromthehipcomedy.co.uk/

More on this next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment