Friday 21 September 2012

Along with Tilda Swinton, Stephen Fry and David Cameron (didn't think he'd ever get name-checked in my blog) I have recorded a chapter of Moby-Dick (never forget that hyphen) for an ambitious internet project. Hearing the book read out loud, especially by this mixed bag of voices, adds to the pleasure. My chapter (a particularly dramatic and violent one) will released next January. Details here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/sep/15/moby-dick-captures-stars-big-read?newsfeed=true

And THIS JUST IN: I have just been cast as Harry S Truman in the Swedish film of this terrific novel, The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out A Window And Disappeared.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/jul/24/hundred-year-old-man-jonas-jonasson-review

We'll be filming in Budapest and another location to be decided (I'm hoping for Sweden). The dialogue in my scenes will be improvised by myself and the leading actor, who is the Robin Williams of Sweden. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment