Thursday 4 October 2012

October 2012

There's a lot of to-do about this here science fiction sit-comedy thingee called Red Dwarf, Series X. Seems to be the cult series' cult series. Anyway, I play the role of "Medi-Bot" (a sort of hologram of a medical personage) in episode 2 on 11 October at 9 pm on "Dave". And for connoisseurs of dicey linguistic stereotyping, I also play the voice of a vending machine known as "Taiwan Tony".  Here I am backstage with a friend. I'm the one on the right.



At the end of the month (29 October at 7:00 pm) I will be reading excerpts from the Great American Novel Moby-Dick at a special evening at King's Place in King's Cross, London (the Guardian building). This has been organised by Philip Hoare, author of the award-winning Leviathan, possibly the best book ever written about the Great White Whale. I believe they will also be screening bits from the award-winning Arena special in which I read from Melville's masterpiece. This can be found if you click on the V/O Artist page on this very web site...

More info on the Moby-Dick evening here:
http://www.kingsplace.co.uk/whats-on-book-tickets/spoken-word/the-moby-dick-big-read#.UHKIAZhLWuJ

It's a busy month, so stay tuned for further updates regarding radio work, video games and filming in Budapest.

No comments:

Post a Comment